This page has links to some of my published work. Most of my recent work is published on
the WebKit blog, while my older work was published in traditional academic things. A lot of
my work doesn't get documented except if you
look at my commits.
- Introducing Riptide:
WebKit's Retreating Wavefront Concurrent Garbage Collector. WebKit Blog, 20 January 2017.
- Locking in WebKit. WebKit Blog, 6 May 2016.
- Introducing the B3 JIT Compiler. WebKit Blog, 15 Feb 2016.
- Announcing JetStream 1.1. WebKit Blog, 13 July 2015.
- Introducing the JetStream benchmark suite. Surfin' Safari blog, 2 June 2014.
- Introducing the WebKit FTL JIT. WebKit Blog, 13 May 2014.
- Announcing SunSpider 1.0. Surfin' Safari blog, 30 April 2013.
- F. Pizlo, D. Frampton, A. L. Hosking. Fine-grained Adaptive Biased Locking. In Principles and Practice of Programming in Java (PPPJ) 2011. paper
- F. Pizlo, L. Ziarek, P. Maj, A. L. Hosking, E. Blanton, J. Vitek. Schism: Fragmentation-Tolerant Real-Time Garbage Collection. In ACM SIGPLAN 2010 Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI 2010). paper slides PDF slides Keynote
- F. Pizlo, L. Ziarek, E. Blanton, P. Maj, J. Vitek. High-level Programming of Embedded Hard Real-Time Devices. In the ACM SIGOPS 2010 EuroSys Conference (EuroSys 2010). paper
- T. Kalibera, F. Pizlo, A. L. Hosking, J. Vitek. Scheduling Hard Real-Time Garbage Collection. IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium 2009: 81-92. paper
- F. Pizlo, L. Ziarek, J. Vitek. Real time Java on resource-constrained platforms with Fiji VM. JTRES 2009: 110-119. paper
- T. Kalibera, J. Hagelberg, F. Pizlo, A. Plsek, B. Titzer, J. Vitek. CDx: a family of real-time Java benchmarks. JTRES 2009: 41-50. paper
- T. Wrigstad, F. Pizlo, F. Meawad, L. Zhao, J. Vitek. Loci: Simple Thread-Locality for Java. In the 2009 European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP 2009). paper
- J. Baker, A. Cunei, T. Kalibera, F. Pizlo, J. Vitek. Accurate Garbage Collection in Uncooperative Environments. Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, 2008. paper
- F. Pizlo, E. Petrank, B. Steensgaard. Path Specialization: Reducing Phased Execution Overheads. In The 2008 International Symposium on Memory Management (ISMM 2008). paper slides
- F. Pizlo, E. Petrank, B. Steensgaard. A Study of Concurrent Real-time Garbage Collectors. In the ACM SIGPLAN 2008 Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI 2008). (Acceptance rate: 18%) paper slides
- F. Pizlo, D. Frampton, E. Petrank, B. Steensgaard. Stopless: A Real-Time Garbage Collector for Modern Platforms. In The 2007 International Symposium on Memory Management (ISMM 2007), October 2007. paper
- F. Pizlo, A. Hosking, J. Vitek. Hierarchical Real-time Garbage Collection. In the ACM SIGPLAN/SIGBED Conference on Languages, Compilers, and Tools for Embedded Systems (LCTES'07), held in San Diego as part of the Federated Computing Research Conference (FCRC'07). paper slides
- J. Spring, F. Pizlo, R. Guerraoui, J. Vitek. Reflexes: Programming Abstractions for Highly Responsive Systems. In the 2007 ACM International Conference on Virtual Execution Environments (VEE'07), held in San Diego as part of the Federated Computing Research Conference (FCRC'07). paper
- J. Baker, A. Cunei, F. Pizlo, J. Vitek. Accurate Garbage Collection in Uncooperative Environments with Lazy Pointer Stacks. In Compiler Construction, 16th International Conference, CC 2007, Held as Part of the Joint European Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software, ETAPS 2007. paper slides
- A. Armbuster, J. Baker, A. Cunei, C. Flack, D. Holmes, F. Pizlo, E. Pla,
M. Prochazka, J.Vitek. A Real-Time Java Virtual Machine with Applications
in Avionics. In ACM Transactions in Embedded Computing Systems
(TECS), 2006. paper
- F. Pizlo, J. Vitek. An Empirical Evaluation of Memory Management
Alternatives for Real-time Java. In Proceedings of the 27th IEEE Real-Time
Systems Symposium (RTSS), December 2006. paper slides
- J. Baker, A. Cunei, C. Flack, F. Pizlo, M. Prochazka, J. Vitek, A.
Armbuster, E. Pla, D. Holmes. Real-time Java in Avionics Applications. In
Proceedings of the 12th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and
Applications Symposium (RTAS), 2006. paper
- F. Pizlo. First in, first out memory. Presented at The 3rd Workshop on
Java Technologies for Real-time and Embedded Systems, October 2005.
- F. Pizlo, J. Fox, D. Holmes, J. Vitek. Real-time Java scoped memory:
design patterns, semantics. In Proceedings of the IEEE International
Symposium on Object-oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC04),
pp 101112, Vienna, Austria, May 2004. paper